Daisypath Anniversary tickers

April 09, 2009

I Love me Some Pampering

Today I got my hair done. Not walk into a strip mall, and ask "how long is the wait?", but a real, live, scheduled appointment with my stylist.

I walked in, sat down to wait about 5 minutes as she finished up with a sweet little old lady who was in for her weekly "shampoo & set". I perused an outdated copy of Pe.ople magazine, flipping through the pages not really sure why I cared if Hayden and Milo were dating or not...and then wondering..."wait...who's Milo?" ( I don't watch Heroes, and only know Hayden from her appearance in Remember the Titans and Bring It On:All or Nothing)...

I was taken back to the chair, and we discussed my hair...or rather, my stylist ran her fingers through my hair, and talked to me, while I sort of dumbly smiled and nodded, and said "mmm-hmmm" because it was nice to have someone run their fingers through my hair that didn't want to have sex, and didn't have sticky fingers, and/or then try to yank it out.

She mixed some color, put it on, let me sit while she took care of laundering the towels, and then came back, put on some highlights and foil, and I sat under the dryer. After sitting with hot air blowing all over my head, neck, and shoulders, I was treated to a wonderful shampoo, scalp massage, deep condition, scalp massage, and then had my cut.

I love my new hair...I love the color...I haven't had highlights in a looooong time, and if I can figure out how to take a picture without breaking my arm, neck or the camera, I'll post one!

I'm relaxed, I feel rested, the kids are still napping, which meant that Mom had 2 1/2 hours to work on her embroidery while they slept, I'm enjoying the quiet, and am about to go fold the rest of today's laundry, and try to figure out something nutritious but fast for dinner...as I forgot to defrost the meat for tonight, and BB is working til 7...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh I bet you look stunning dear!! can't wait!!

Unknown said...

Ho Hum.... sounds like a dream.A good way to spend the day...and I'm sure you look as great as you feel! S

FarmWife said...

I love the "didn't want to have sex, and didn't have sticky fingers..." part. That's so very true!!