Daisypath Anniversary tickers

April 07, 2008

I Almost Forgot!

I am venturing into the realm of what I like to call "Almost Single-Parenthood"...BB is at a conference all week, just down the road a piece...about 40 miles away, and will be home each evening at an undetermined time...I don't know if he'll have had dinner or not...and he'll be gone each day before 7 to get there on time...

Now, before those of you who have truly experienced single parenting go all crazy and tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about, let me just say this:

Since we were married, BB and I have not been apart for more than a few days at a time. The longest we were apart without contact of some sort were his flights to and from Shanghai. That is it. We have always been able to talk to each other multiple times a day, and talk via IM or Email. This week, he is completely unreachable during the daytime because he is a presenter. I cannot disturb him unless it is an emergency because the Chief Officers of the company will be there, attending his presentation. Let me say it more clearly this way - his entire career rides on this week. He is a nervous wreck. And that is the BIGGEST understatement of the year.

I am nervous for him. I didn't sleep, which is probably why the Tiny Princess and Captain Chaos have been so out of whack the last 10 days or so. I have been a whirlwind of activity, trying to make the house as peaceful and soothing as possible...keeping everything clean and shiny, candles burning, dinner waiting for him, kids fed and clean, and as happy and un-needy as possible, so that he can enjoy the hour or so before bedtime with them, and then work uninterrupted as long as he needs to. I had a friend just tell me how it sounds like the list of "The Good Wife" from the 1950's Good Housekeeping...y'all know the one I mean:

"Make sure you're done for the day with plenty of time to spare to freshen up, put on a clean dress, some lipstick and perfume and greet your husband enthusiastically, with his favorite drink ready!"

Don't tell me you don't know what I'm talking about... It is all right here! and worth a read for a good chuckle. Trust me...you'll enjoy it!

Well, it's time for me to veg out in front of the tube for a bit, and watch "Clean House"...somehow it always makes me feel good to see other peoples' lives in full color, spread out on their lawn for sale...how sick is that?!?!?

No comments: