Daisypath Anniversary tickers

April 21, 2008

And We're Off!

Here we are on a GORGEOUS Monday morning...yes such things exist...and I'm sitting here, at 10:21 am, in my PJs, watching Handy Manny on the Disney channel while Captain Chaos, apparently recovered from his stomach bug inhales Cheerios and Goldfish crackers, drinks his water and takes turns running around yelling at the top of his lungs "AH NEE NOO!" and peeking around the monitor of my laptop. Tiny Princess is snoozing in her swing, and a box of haircolor is awaiting me upstairs.

Why, you may ask, am I still in my PJs at 10:23am? Well, it all started on Wednesday night, when Captain Chaos was sick. I was rudely awakened at about 2 am by the Tiny Princess, demanding a snack. At 3, I was back in bed, only to be awakened by Captain Chaos at 6...and why BB didn't or couldn't get up, I'm not sure, but that's neither here nor there...Thursday found me changing Captain Chaos about every 2 hours (I think...I did get some sleep since then), and really struggling to keep up with laundry and housework, along with taking care of a sick boy. Thursday night was a repeat of Wednesday night, and Friday, BB worked from home, so I didn't get anything done, and in fact, was trying to keep Captain Chaos from being too loud, so as not to disturb his father. Saturday, we worked outside all day, and did yard work, etc. Of course, interspersed with this was the normal feeding of Tiny Princess, changing of diapers, changing of clothes, doing of laundry, and attempting to get my son to eat something, anything!

Yesterday, I had agreed to do an Open House for Mary Kay with a friend of mine who is a Distributor for another company. I spent the morning trying to get Captain to eat some food, feeding Tiny Princess, and when they finally went down for their naps, I ran around getting my things ready, along with myself. I had JUST gone upstairs to get myself cleaned up when BB came in demanding lunch. I lost it...I told him if he was hungry, he could bloody well make himself a freaking sandwich. He had spent the ENTIRE morning in his shop, working on something, and not offering any help to me whatsoever. I was a bit steamed. HOWEVER...once I got myself cleaned up, and had some lunch, I was in much better spirits, and apologized many times over for losing my patience with him. I explained why I had gotten upset and he apologized for not helping out more.

Last night, after I brought all my things home, unpacked them, and got dinner on the table for us, it was 7:30. We watched Ax Men on TV, and got the kids settled around 9. We then returned to the family room to watch last week's episode of NCIS. Which means that we didn't get to bed until after 10pm. Which means that when Tiny Princess awoke at 4 this morning, I had only had 6 hours of sleep. When I was done feeding her at 5, I decided against staying up, and climbed back into bed for another hour of sleep. Turns out BB didn't have his alarm set, because he thought I had mine set. I didn't set mine, because for the last 3 weeks, he's set his nightly...oops! We didn't get out of bed until 7:30. And the ONLY reason I got up at all was so I could color my hair, and then get the kids up and into our day...Just as I was about to mix the color, Tiny Princess woke up, and was rapidly followed by Captain Chaos...and here we are, now at 11am (had to take a snuggle and book reading break with CC), with me still in my PJs.

I can say that the laundry was started (I feel hopelessly behind already and its only Monday!), the animals have been fed, the children have been fed, bathed, and dressed, and BB was also fed and had his lunch made. All that remains for me to do today is to wind the mantle clock, iron BBs shirts, finish the laundry, color my hair, empty all the trash and recycling, and make dinner! I should be able to do that before bedtime tonight!

Tomorrow is my Moms' group, and I'm excited...I love spending time with my moms and hearing about their weeks. One of our girls welcomed her 2nd child yesterday, and we're so excited to get to meet the baby! Not that she'll be there tomorrow, but how fun it will be to meet her at our last meeting of the spring!

Well, I should really get Captain down for his morning nap, so I can get the color on my hair, and the trash emptied. That way, I can shower and get dressed, and then set up and iron after I feed the kids their lunch. Perhaps CC will eat more than 3 bites of his protein!

Thanks for your prayers over the last week...it was a tough one, and I'm glad it is a new one! I might even tackle bathing the dog!

No comments: