Daisypath Anniversary tickers

December 05, 2007

Christmas is Coming...

And I am getting fat...ok, not really fat per se, I just feel HUGE! And it happened all of a sudden, overnight...I woke up this morning feeling like a whale...ugh...and then the depressing thought struck me that I still have 6 more weeks...

Alright, enough whining...the inevitable truth is that I am pregnant, and therefore will get large, feel completely out of sorts, and be tired and cranky on and off over the next 40-some-odd days that are left.

That being said...I got the entire downstairs cleaned today...we're talking spit-shined here folks...I actually moved everything, then proceeded to clean under it, clean the item itself, and even packed up my normal decorations to make room for the Christmas items. This is normally done the weekend of Thanksgiving, and so I'm feeling a little rushed, even though, I'm really not behind...

Needless to say, now that my house is sparkling, I'm pooped, and will be bringing out the tree tomorrow...it will then proceed to get decorated over the following days...tomorrow will be "put up the tree and put on the lights" day...the ornaments will follow. BB will be harassed and hassled to put up some sort of lights on the outside of the house so that we aren't the only dark one in our cul-de-sac. After that, I shall begin the fun task of baking cookies, making fudge, and assembling plates of cookies for our neighbors and closest friends (those that actually LIVE in the city I do).

After that, I will attempt to be sneaky and buy something fabulous for BB, and for CalCustom and his family. We don't actually exchange gifts with the rest of the brothers and sisters and their families, as that would require us spending way too much money! With a total of 16 people not counting myself to buy gifts for on my side of the family alone, that would send our budget so completely out of control...even handmaking gifts like scarves, hats, blankets, games, ornaments etc...would totally break us...so we decided long ago that we would only buy gifts for our spouses and children, and our parents.

BBs family, however, being only CalCustom, his wife and 2 kids, his folks, and himself, has ALWAYS bought gifts for each member of the family.

This year, the kids are getting gift cards to Borders so they can pick out the right music and books for themselves, as inevitably, I'd buy something they already owned, or didn't like at all! :)

BB just ordered gifts for the folks online, and we have only to buy for Captain Chaos...

And now, I'm going to reward myself for a good morning's work, by reading until the Captain wakes up...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christmas is surely coming. I couldn't agree more. And you probably want to keep the family, especially the kids occupied and what I found that works for me, is to have the best holiday classic animation on, or warm holiday music blasting. This holiday season I decided to work with a company that put together the best of the classics that you probably will remember and if not they are a must see, there'e nothing like these old classics it's all on a limited edition special dvd set called: THE ORIGINAL CHRISTMAS CLASSICS. You guys have to remember such greats as: RUDOLPH THE RED NOSED REINDEER, FROSTY THE SNOWMAN, OR SANTA’S COMING TO TOWN, just to name a few. Well, there’s a package of these movies and more holiday classics including a bonus music cd to start the holiday off right. You can order directly at http://www.christmasclassics.tv or find this special limited edition set any where dvds are sold.: