Daisypath Anniversary tickers

October 23, 2007

And now you know...

PHEW! What a morning...errr...day it's been!

We awoke this morning to find that I'd somehow turned off my alarm in my sleep, and we only had 40 minutes to get up and ready for our day, bring in the milk, put out the trash and recycling, feed Capt Chaos and be out the door to our respective places..BB to work, me to my Moms group at Church.

Needless to say, I sauntered into the room about 3 minutes late (when I'm supposed to be there 20 minutes early to greet people as they arrive), and proceeded to inhale food from the goody table before I said hello to a single soul...

It did, however, turn out to be an awesome day. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving Tutorial session today, wherein our Mentor Moms (older women who've been there, done that)shared their wisdom and secrets of delicious holiday meals without killing ourselves with work! I have some yummy recipes that I'm putting onto the Wha'cha got Cookin' site, and hope that you all enjoy them as much as I did!

After that, I called my own Mom and asked what she was doing, as I had a proposal for her...she invited me to lunch. So I got a free lunch, a promise of someone hanging out at my house while my family is away for 3 weeks to let in a professional carpet cleaner, and repaint the top half of the walls in the nursery for Baby #2 (aka Minimus). We then went to the local fabric store where my mother proceeded to spend some money on a gorgeous piece of fabric from which she is going to make me a fall/holiday table runner for my dining room! I found and purchased some Clearance Christmas items to add to my stock of decorations, and then returned home where I am now sitting on my couch, watching a TiVo'd episode of Days of Our Lives, and eating an apple...all at once... :)

After this, I shall saunter upstairs to see if I can assist my poor hard-working hubby in the matter of removing the grout from our shower...it leaks, and we're attempting the "frugal renovation" first...that's where you just try to patch up any places water could be getting from the inside of the shower out...and then PRAY that is the answer...In fact, I should be up there now doing just that... SIGH...darn that need to be honorable and do what I say I'll do...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Take pictures of your runner your Mom's making. I'm excited to see it.