Daisypath Anniversary tickers

October 07, 2014

A Story

From the time I was little, I remember being more interested in making up the backstory for my toys, than actually playing with them.  Once, I had a friend over Friday after school for a sleepover, and the rare occurrence of them staying both nights of the weekend with us, as her folks were out of town for a rare couples getaway...and we literally spent the entire span of Friday evening from the end of school until bedtime making up the names and lives of the Bar.bies with which we were going to play...In High School, while my friends were going to football parties, and deciding which boys they liked best, I was wandering the halls with my textbooks in front of me, a novel perched on top, turning pages one-handed in the passing periods between classes, and wondering which of the Little Women I identified with most...and even today, when I'm at home on a day "off", the call of my stack of books, or the siren song of my n.ook reader seem undefeatable.  When I'm ill, or when BB is gone, I devour books like a starving man...

I recently read, over on the Unknown Housewife, that it's coming up on being NaNoWriMo, and she's participating...she put in her post that every one of has a story inside, or something like that, and it just resonated with me.

I've toyed with the idea of writing.  Drafted countless plotlines and developed characters in my head.

I've always identified with Anne, Emily, and Jo, more than any others I've read of...the thought of being a writer scares the pants off me, but I cannot avoid it.

SO, as I'm doing my Fall Nesting through the month of October, it will not be as much for the preparation for winter and my family so much as it is about getting things done so I won't feel guilty for writing during November.

50,000 words.  Any words I want.  Any genre I choose...

I'm praying that the story that spills forth will be worthy of someone else reading it...

1 comment:

sarah said...

Hello! Im so glad you are going to do it!! Good luck and happy writing!! Sarah from Secret Housewife x