Daisypath Anniversary tickers

July 16, 2013

Lazy Days of Summer

Well, I'm not entirely sure who actually gets to participate in and enjoy those so called "Lazy Days"...from everything I've experienced and read, the only folks I can see being lazy during summer are the ones with oodles of money...which certainly isn't me!!!

Holy smokes...school around here starts on August 15, except for the school Capt and Princess attend.  We're starting one week later and I am so glad!!!!

We came back from Spring Break the first week of April and were immediately inundated with craziness! Baseball registration, clinics and practices, extra dance classes and rehearsals, BB working through a software release with crazy long day, all the end of school year insanity of projects, picnics, and field trips...I thought to myself "If only I can make it to the last day of school..."  Little did I realize that the craziness was just beginning!

We had a recital, the last days of school, a camping trip, Mothers' Day, a custom furniture building job for BB, 4 baseball practices a week (Capt was in 2 leagues...), VBS for 2 weeks in a row (due to lack of space at our Church they split the preschoolers and elementary aged kids), summer dance classes, 2-4 games per week, getting ready for a garage sale, prepping for another camping trip, a neighborhood picnic, BB being gone and yet another camping trip...

I was secretly relieved when our dance studio announced that due to lack of enrollment/interest, summer classes would be cancelled...and I was secretly relieved when, for the same reason, a Cheer camp was cancelled for this week...and I was not-so-secretly relieved when we cancelled one of those camping trips so BB could build this table...

I finally feel as though there's some time to breathe now...our final ballgame was last night.  We returned from a camping trip (hopefully our last for the season) yesterday afternoon.  We have no more day camps, clinics, appointments, or even playdates on our calendar...

We have 37 glorious days of being on whatever schedule and timetable we want...we even have an entire 7 days where we can go to the Library, Museum and pools with NO ONE ELSE AROUND, as the District schools will be in session...

In the meantime, I'm going to take my time doing things like running through sprinklers, splashing in our little pool, reading Encyclopedia Brown, Trixie Belden and Little House books with my kids, coloring, making play-dough, blowing bubbles, drawing with sidewalk chalk, and making cookies.

I might be productive and tackle some projects around the house...but knowing that I'm going to have 2 mornings each week, all to myself, I'm tempted to wait and tackle those on Tuesday and Thursday mornings in September...having 2 full hours childless each of those days means I can get a boatload of stuff done.  Having a new Kindergartener means I'll have 2 sleepy girls each afternoon, which means I'll have some uninterrupted time then also...

But until then, I'm kicking back on my deck with some iced tea, a tank top, shorts, and flip flops, sunglasses and listening to my kids shriek and giggle at the cold water of the sprinkler, and pretend to be sharks and pirates in our pool...

No comments: