Daisypath Anniversary tickers

March 17, 2012

March Madness

I think this has been the most mild March I ever remember. We've had nothing but sunshine and blue skies - with the coldest day being a frigid 40 degrees. I've been enjoying it immensely, outside, playing with the kids, getting my lawn and flower beds ready for Spring planting. Hoping that BB will be able to take some time next weekend to tune up our sprinklers, and turn the veggie garden beds.

I'm itching to plant...itching to sink my hands into the dirt, work the seeds in, and watch the plants begin to grow. Tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, different squashes, carrots, radishes, onions, beans, peas, berries, herbs, lettuce, spinach...I can already taste the flavors, and am looking greatly forward to the smells that will fill my kitchen as I preserve things, saving them for the long winter ahead - to nourish my family.

It is easy this time of year to lose sight of what's important, especially as I listen to the talk swirl around me of Spring Training, NFL trades and contracts, NHL games that are "do or die" as we gear up to the Stanley Cup Playoffs, NASCAR is back, the PGA and other golf tours are starting up, tennis is coming up, and of course, the media is relentlessly pushing the Olympics in London later this year.

I love sports, I enjoy participating as well as watching. I love the hype, the hoopla, the intensity, the emotion, the fun and fellowship of gathering to support or play...

What I don't love is the negative changes that can occur - suddenly, people are saying "it's too nice to be in Church", or "I can't miss the final round of the golf tournament", or "racing's on", or...excuse after excuse.

I know we're in the final weeks of Lent, and not being a denomination that truly observes Lent in the sense of giving something up for the 40 days, I do believe that it's important to spend the days leading up to Easter remember and meditating on all that occurred.

Knowing that Jesus was in the final weeks of teaching, modeling, shaping, and beginning the ministry of the early Church. Knowing that He knew what was to come, and even going so far as to ask God to find another way, but knowing He would submit if that's what it took...

Remembering the reason for the Passover, and the ultimate sacrificial Lamb...

Trying to grasp such love as this, that God could send His son, His ONLY son to take my place, to clear my record, wipe it all out - no trace of any of the things I have done, and will do wrong...

It's madness to think of...

1 comment:

Penny said...

thank you! for reminding and remembering..we do get caught up sometimes and we should never forget what He has done for us..excellant post :-)