OK, here we go, in no order of importance whatsoever:
- do you patch/mend your children's clothing, remake those pants into shorts, or toss them?
- when you clean your toilets, do you prefer a brush, or do you get down and dirty with a cleaning rag?
- do you make a special effort to look different on days you know you'll be in public places (errand running, work, Church, Bible study group etc) than you do on days you know you'll be at home?
- how many days do you honestly turn on a media device to keep your kids occupied so you can have longer than 5 minutes to get something done?
- how many times do you honestly get to have alone time with your spouse/significant other?
- when your kids do something you just told them not to do, and they get hurt, do you get more exasperated than sympathetic?
- how often do you sweep your hard floors and/or vacuum your carpets - honestly?
- do you prefer to do laundry daily, or in one fell swoop weekly/bi-weekly?
- when do you start assigning regular jobs to your kids beyond the picking up/putting away of toys/shoes/books?
- how do you fight off the exasperation that sometimes creeps up regarding your husband and his habits regarding to child-rearing and housekeeping? I'm thinking along the lines of those days that everything works together for you to be uber-productive in cleaning, cooking etc, and he comes home and leaves a trail from the door to the dinner table to the bedroom and back...
- what is your all-time favorite go-to snack (not the one you buy, or make, but could consume in a perfect world wherein health and money are no issue!)
- what are the songs/ditties/rhymes you teach your kids, and does your spouse think you're crazy for knowing these?
I think that's it for today...these are just the thoughts that have been swirling in my head today...as I was cleaning my toilet with a brush and realizing that we never once had a toilet brush growing up - we used a dedicated set of cleaning rags/towels, a broom (no dust-buster), a sponge mop (no swiffer dry or wet), a vacuum cleaner, and every few weeks, Mom would break out the "big guns" of furniture polish for wooden furniture as opposed to a damp cloth...and I realized that I was cleaning my toilet like 4 times each week because I had a ring and convinced myself that I must not have cleaned it after all...
Anyway, I'm just curious how many people out there like me would rather get down and dirty with hands and knees type scrubbing, versus using the latest and greatest whizz-bang "convenience" tool that marketing and advertising would have us believe we need...
And the snack thing, well, I'm just curious what people choose to eat...I myself prefer salty, savory snacks over sweets any day, and would much rather sit down with a giant tub of homemade sour cream and onion dip (the kind where you dump the envelope of Lipton's brand onion soup mix into an 8 oz tub of sour cream - the full fat kind!) and a bag of Lay's brand potato chips than a tub of chocolate any day...