Daisypath Anniversary tickers

June 30, 2011

It's Not Easy Being Green

First - thank you for the compliments on my new 'do! I only wish I had the ability and tools to make it look today as it did walking out of the salon yesterday...sigh...And Penny - thank you, I'm not sure what I did, but somehow I deleted your compliment instead of publishing it!

Second - right now, I'm sitting here trying to motivate myself. BB's company has a quarterly event thing that they do which generally involves a half day of fun, food and something fabulous.

In years past, they've gone to our local amusement park (think King's Island, Worlds of Fun, 6 Flags type places), a day at our aquarium, barbecues, picnics, hikes, movies, Dave & Busters and the like. This time around, they got tickets to the Rockies game. They're playing the Chicago White Sox, and sorry for any Sox fans out there, I hope we trounce them and take the series...but, I digress.

BB came home TUESDAY night and said "Get a sitter for Thursday so you can go with me!" I called every single person that we know that is able to sit. Every single one of them was booked, or out of town or something like that...so I resorted to my last line of defense - I called my mother.

She said she had nothing planned, and I started to get all excited, and then she said "but, I'm just not feeling like watching the girls while you take Captain to a baseball game. I just don't think I want to have to be there for such a long time."

Granted, we'd have had to leave our house at about 11 to insure time to make the hour drive to the ballfield, park, get to our seats, and then the 3 hours at the game, and the time to get back to our car, and the hour or so drive home - would have been about 6 hours all told, and BB was lucky to get that third ticket in the first place as each employee was only given a pair...

But still...it was sort of stinky news that he'd get to go and take Captain, and I'd have to stay here with the girls...

And so, here we are, at the top of the 7th Inning, and I have done NOTHING that I originally and rather unrealistically thought and planned to get done.

In fact, the first load of laundry is STILL in the dryer (it's still wet - comforter) and the family room floor is thrashed and trashed with toys, the kitchen is still not entirely clean...

But you know what? He gets to have an afternoon of leisure with our son, sitting at the ball field, watching the game, so I'm taking some time to do something leisurely for myself...

So there. (and yes, I am mentally sticking my tongue out as I type this)

2 comments:

Penny said...

well deserved I might add..too bad you and the girls could not have done something fun too! this is just me, but I remember when I couldnt get a sitter (way back when.LOL), so whenever one of our kids call and want us to babysit, unless it is just impossible, I do not turn them down. It is a very stressful job being parents and we love being Grandparents, so we always try to say yes...

Inkling said...

I had all this stuff typed but then decided to just say that I'm sending hugs. But geez, I really wish I could sometimes have a chat with various members of your family. Go read a book or play with your gorgeous new hair. And don't even think for one second that you should do any work today. You need a fun day too.