Daisypath Anniversary tickers

January 04, 2011

Back to Life...Back to Reality

And now that catchy tune will be stuck in your head all day long...

BB went off to the office today, for the first time since December 16th. I am relieved and yet feel oddly unbalanced. We were together as a family for the last 25 days, with little or no time apart outside of normal private things like personal care.

The kids are doing fine, they don't notice the odd silence of one less person's breathing, or the extra chill from one less person's body mass filling space.

I will say, however, that I'm glad! This morning, even though I didn't get much sleep last night (we got the Wii Party game and played until 1am, and then Littlest One's eyeteeth decided to come through at the same time and she was up from 1:45 until 3), I was up at 6, worked out, took care of all the trash and recycling being gathered up and deposited into the collection bins. I brought in the milk, emptied the dishwasher, folded some laundry that had been hung to dry, and after BB got out of bed, stripped our bed and put on clean sheets, changed out our towels, and cleaned our bathroom surfaces (scrubbed shower while I was in it, cleaned toilet, sinks and counters).

I've now got load 3 of bedding going, have cleaned the kitchen, dinner's in the crock pot and I'm going to put Littlest One to bed.

I am then going to take down my Christmas decorations. I will NOT have them up past Epiphany. It is the 12th Day of Christmas tomorrow and everything I put up on December 3, 4, and 5 is still up. Normally by this time I've at least started gathering things up and putting all the little table-top and hung things away, leaving the tree for a 2-part process of take-down.

Well, I'm bound and determined to stick with the crazy goal of a to-do list I posted yesterday, so I'm logging off and getting to work.

No comments: