Daisypath Anniversary tickers

October 12, 2010

Rainy Days and Tuesdays...

Do NOT get me down.

I am one of those rare, strange people that actually thrive on days like I awoke to. It was gray, rainy, misty, COLD but not too cold. I luxuriated from my warm and cozy bed in the knowledge that I'm blessed with a solid house, warm clothing, good food...a husband that lets me put my cold feet on him in the mornings, as I snuggle up to him, my kids were tucked safely into their beds with warm jammies and warm blankets, full bellies that would be refilled at breakfast and toys and books to keep them occupied and fill their minds with good things during the day...

I enjoy days like today knowing that I can do things like bake bread and other goodies, can have a pot of chili simmering on my stove, filling my house with the scent of yummy spices, warming my soul, filling my family up with goodness. I like that the ground is easy to work - I can clean up my garden, pull weeds, get dead plants out of the ground with little effort, speeding my progress. And when I come in to clean up and start baking corn bread or muffins, I'm greeted with the scent of freshly baked bread, that chili, and clean laundry.

My kids like to hang out and be mellow on days like today, as though the rain clouds soften them and make them more malleable, more amenable to snuggling and reading, more quiet, absorbing the soft rain and turning it into a soft attitude, a quiet spirit.

I always feel closer to God on days like today, as though the clouds and rain are some special message from Him - He's washing things clean from the dirt and grime, refilling them with essential moisture to be soft and supple...malleable to his will, softened to His touch, open to His pruning and cleaning of weeds and slugs and ick...

I'm off to make some PB&J for the kiddos, stir that chili, get the sourdough bread into the oven, and maybe, just maybe bake some chocolate zucchini cake.

No comments: