Daisypath Anniversary tickers

May 17, 2010

Accomplishments

At the urging of someone else who's been through PPD (which is oodles better, thank you all for your prayers!), I've decided that I need to list my accomplishments. Daily for now, and after awhile, I can back it off to a few times a week, and then once a week, and so on and so forth until I am ok with just having a mental list...

So I thought I'd give it a whirl, especially as I'm sitting here, during a coinciding nap time of all 3 babies with a cluttery feeling house, heaps of dirty laundry and a sticky kitchen floor...

Since logging off Thursday evening, and up until about 10 minutes ago, I:
  • washed the floors through the whole house
  • vacuumed the carpet through the whole house
  • emptied, washed, dried, and refilled the cat boxes (I hate that and am looking for ways to off my cats surreptitiously)
  • organized the playroom (yes, all like things together - it was time)
  • scoured my kitchen and all 3 bathrooms
  • dusted every stick of furniture and every decorative item and book on said furniture
  • purged my magazines and recycled them
  • planted all of my veggies and herbs
  • mowed our lawn with the push-mower (the battery in the riding mower is D-E-D-dead!)
  • fixed 3 sprinklers
  • planted 12 pots with various annuals and perrenials
  • changed Captain's soggy bed 3 times
  • washed, dried, folded and put away 4 loads of laundry
  • made banana bread
  • made a chocolate zucchini cake from scratch
  • made rice pudding
  • made chocolate pudding
  • made fabulously tender steaks for supper
  • purchased an incredible $239 worth of groceries (food only, no personal care items or diapers) for only $34 (talk about crazy-lucky on sales, "managers' special" and loyalty card savings along with doubled coupons! yee haw!)
  • took Littlest One to her 8-week check-up and got a clean bill of health
  • made lunch
  • cleaned up lunch
  • got kids down all at same time for naps...
NOW, most of those have to be done again and again and again, but for all Friday, and most of Saturday, the house was shiny clean, the kids were shiny clean, and I felt really splendid about myself. Sunday brought that sense of accomplishment that only getting sweaty and dirty in your yard can bring...and I can already think of nothing but the harvest of all those tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, radishes, onions, squash, zucchini, peppers, herbs, strawberries, peaches, and apples...and all the yumminess that is growing in our garden, that will nourish our bodies, and fill our bellies for the summer and long through the winter...if it produces like it did the last 2 years, I won't actually have to buy anything but "tropical" fruit, and leafy veggies like spinach and lettuce that we either can't grow here at all, or can only grow for a short season...I'm hopeful the Farmers' Market will have some good berries this season...last year they only had veggies...

Well, I'm logging off to get in a workout, as this morning, the intent was there, the alarm was set, and then Littlest One decided she needed to eat when I wanted to exercise, and with doctor visit early in the day, I couldn't do it afterward...sigh...

No comments: