Daisypath Anniversary tickers

February 11, 2010

Sunny Days...

Well, today we're officially having a "heat wave". We've been experiencing temps in the low 30s. Not unusual for this time of year, and we had about 4 inches of snow last week. No big deal really. But today...ahhhh today...it is almost 50, the skies are clear and blue and the sun is shining brightly. I actually took off my coat before getting in the truck after Moms' group today...glorious!!!

The blinds are all open to soak up the sun (love me some passive solar energy!!!), the cats are basking in the sunbeams, and all I can see are the dusty tops of furniture, the grimy kitchen floor, resplendent in all it's sticky spots from dribbled apple juice, and know that I've got 1 load of laundry left to do without counting sheets and towels.

I need to be getting a dinner prepared for the kids and BB and I as tonight is going to be crazy wild...we have our doctor's appointment in 90 minutes, the kids will be watched by Poppa, but when BB and I get in shortly after 5 (God willing), we'll be inhaling some food, and throwing the kids into the truck to head out to our Small Group Bible Study tonight. Please be praying for us as we do this...it is a time of great spiritual feeding for us both that we are in sore need of tonight with all that has gone on this week. We also just need some adult fellowship that doesn't revolve around some sort of parenting conversation.

BB is not feeling well again, and with the emotional toll this week has taken on him, I am very worried that he'll get really sick again. I need him well. I need him healthy and whole and able to finish some of the things on my list that I cannot do. I need someone to take care of me for a little bit before this baby is born.

I am also not feeling so well again...but I know that most of it is due to several sleepless nights in a row, followed by a very emotional 2 days that included lots of crying, having to be stoic, having to answer over and over again the questions of Captain about when Rocco will come home again.

Add to that the fact that the vet just called and told me, and I quote directly "Rocco is back, you can come pick him up whenever you're ready." It just tore my heart open again, because all I could think of, stupidly enough, was what? you didn't do what we asked? You performed surgery, and he's all healed and healthy? That's awesome!!! And then I realized what she meant...and my heart sank a bit more...

The kids were so worn out...last night, Capt wandered into our room around midnight, crawled into bed between BB and I, sad about Rocco and needing some love. I took him back to bed around 1. At 5, the hall light turned on, and I crept out to find him laying on the floor outside our door, ready to be up for the day. I guided him back to bed, and said he could look at books if he wanted to and I'd come get him when it was time to wake up. Not sure when, but he was out hard when I went in at 7 to wake him for school. He was cranky and irritable (much like his daddy when over-tired), and as a result, cried much of the ride home, during lunch, while cleaning up toys, while climbing upstairs for naptime, and while getting into his bed. I pray that his 2 1/2 hour nap will be sufficient, as I'm going to have my dad wake the kids around 4:30 so they can be in dry, clean clothes and eat their dinner. It stinks, but that's what we'll have to do...grrrrr...DG was also irritable from a morning full of playing dollies and kitchen with her friends at Church...

I shudder to think of next fall when I will be attending Moms' group and having to deal with 3 exhausted little ones. But I know how important it is...and am thankful that we can just come home.

I'm so blessed to be in control of my children's upbringing and that Capt doesn't have to stay at school all day like most of his classmates. It breaks my heart to see all the kids who stay coming in with their parent, their backpack, their lunchbox, and their pillow and any special blankets...

Well, this post took a turn for the dark side...

Let's see...we heard some excellent book reviews today, and I'm already planning a trip to the library next Tuesday with just DG in tow while Capt is in school...pray I can make it through the weekend with BB home for 3 days...I'm praying we get a TON of stuff done...

No comments: