Daisypath Anniversary tickers

January 07, 2010

When the Sun Shines

The sky is blue, clear from clouds, the sun is shining brightly, and the heat has not turned off for more than about 10 minutes since I woke up this morning.

It is currently a very formal and official temperature of "OH MY GOOD GRACIOUS IT IS FREEEEEZING OUT THERE!!!!!!!" I just had to look again at the thermometer outside my window because I couldn't believe my eyes when it said it was a whopping 2 degrees outside right now. Of course that is not taking into consideration the wind chill factor, which actually drops the temperature to about -15. That is in Fahrenheit...not Celsius, or Kelvin...

While it is nasty cold (the inside of my nose was all frozen, and my lungs hurt just walking the short distance to the Church door this morning!), the sun is a nice change, because at least I can pretend that it is mild out there, and it almost makes me want to go play in the snow...

In reality, I am sitting inside planning camping trips and my garden plots for this spring and summer.

I am dreading the fact that I must suck down the rest of my caffeine free tea (actually quite tasty) and bundle up DestructoGirl and myself to go get Captain Chaos from preschool. I am seriously debating whether or not to run to Target to buy the boy some new sneakers while they are on sale for crazy cheap, or wait til the next time, and know that we'll be wearing snowboots when we go outdoors for any reason at all for the next several weeks...

I am committed to sticking to my budget and only buying those things that we truly need...which means that all shopping for clothing will be for the kids only, as they are growing. Other than that, I will only be buying things for BB for Valentine's Day, our anniversary, and Father's Day. I am working through a "Eat From Your Pantry" challenge, not just for the rest of this month, but for the next 3 months.

I'm determined that we will work toward paying off 1/3 of our credit cards in full this calendar year, and NOT continue to run up the balance on the others.

It is doable. I am jealous of Ordinary Sarah and her husband who get to attend the Dave Ramsey University this spring...all classes are offered during the time when I'll be recovering from the C-section, so we don't want to start...that and the cost is a bit prohibitive (and how ironic is that?!?!?) right now.

I think that it will happen, and I intend to pull up my Crown Financial tracking sheets and really look at where we are spending our money.

I really want some fast food for lunch today, but it is not in the budget for this month, so we'll come home and have food that we already have in our fridge, or our pantry.

Wish us luck as we embark on this journey!

No comments: