Daisypath Anniversary tickers

July 08, 2009

Is It Already Wednesday?

YIKES!

I am not certain where this week went...seriously! It doesn't really feel like 5 days since I woke to a threat of rain and promise of fireworks...

All my carefully planned things have been thrown by the wayside this week, and I'm feeling woefully behind, and down on myself for not being better at multi-tasking...make no bones about it, it would terribly easy to throw a giant pity-party for myself...but I can't...I simply have too much to do this afternoon while the kiddos nap.

Right now, they are enjoying an episode of "Dragon T.ales" previously recorded, thanks to my DVR.

I am planning my attack on my To Do List and it is looking something like this:
  • pick up and put away all items that are out of place (this task will take a while, but I have a sneaky trick I use that I'll share shortly)
  • dust furniture (includes picking up items, dusting underneath said items, dusting said items and replacing)
  • wash glass/reflective surfaces inside house (oven door, dishwasher, tv, tile around fireplace, storm doors, handles and knobs)
  • clean kitchen counters
  • sweep hardwood, vacuum carpet on main floor
  • clean powder room
  • re-make master bed with clean sheets
  • clean master and guest/kids' bathrooms
  • wash vinyl floors, vacuum carpets
  • finish washing sheets/towels, & socks
  • put away all laundry
  • iron BB's shirts
Tomorrow's list looks like this:
  • drop kids at Church for "Great Escape", or, as I like to call it "guiltless babysitting for cheap" (they'll be there from 9 - 12)
  • run to bank, pick up Cashiers' Check to purchase camping trailer
  • come home, clean up basement
  • move items from garage to shed/basment
  • sweep garage, lay out tarp
  • move all camping gear from cabinets to garage floor to be inventoried and cleaned
  • finish all items from Wednesday's list
Friday's list looks like this:
  • Finish all items from Wednesday's list that might get carried over 2 days (not likely, but you never know)
  • take delivery of trailer, handing over large sums of money to a total stranger (albeit a nice guy)
  • empty trailer (see below for this one)
  • clean trailer thoroughly
  • pack trailer for camping trip this weekend
  • go to Motor Vehicle and get title transferred and license plate for trailer
  • load up children and dog into truck, pull out to go camping
Next week promises to be just as busy as I take Captain Chaos for his first speech therapy session, which will not be paid for by our insurance company, have a play date with our Bible Study families, do any necessary cleaning in trailer and repack non-perishable food items, along with bedding and clothes for a 2-day trip next weekend, plus all my normal things around the house like laundry, ironing, cooking, cleaning, gardening, and mowing the grass.

Oh, and somewhere in there I have to find time to work out, so I can lose 15 pounds by my next visit to the nutritionist in the middle of August...

My mom is having major dental work starting on the 24th of this month (the day after her birthday) that will be long, involved, painful and require lots of healing time in between phases.

Please be praying for us over the next weeks as we begin our camping...for our health (physical, mental and spiritual), for our travels, for Captain Chaos' therapy, for my mom's surgery.

Somehow, it seems odd that the summer is so far gone already, and yet, I know that it really isn't...at least in my world. Captain Chaos won't start preschool until almost the middle of September, so we have almost 2 full months yet...and really, he's only going one day this fall...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your to do lists makes ME feel tired! Hope that you get everything accomplished. Will be praying for you. I've added you to my list. Blessings--Bonnie